19 November 2015

Hopeful Spirit...

Two years ago I painted this picture, I thought she was finished, bar the varnishing...she graced our living room, reminding me daily to take a moment to close my eyes, breathe deep and focus within, to check in with my 'true self' and make sure I was aligned with that...I love to have images here at home to remind me about what's important, pretty affirmations all around the place!

 half way through on my old art table


I've been making a lot of my 'mixed media messages from the heart' lately, and I thought it time to varnish this painting too, but then I started to work on her again, adding some pretty spirals into her hair and adding the words 'hopeful spirit' around her neck...at last, finished! And now varnished too...


Hopeful Spirit 12" x 12" mixed media on canvas


Since my last post, I have a new art space, a beautiful big table for all my materials and good natural light too...


A new work in progress...

Have you ever had a work in progress for years? I've heard it happens sometimes, when we get to a point but are then stuck...I'm learning to move through that more these days even if it involves taking risks (for me, the risk was potentially ruining my painting if I messed up the inking of the words)...trusting the process and letting go of attachment to the painting and moving forward...

A lot like life! See you again soon I hope...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment, it is deeply appreciated :)